1. Hassen, A. (2008). Vulnerability to Drought Risk and Famine: Local Responses and External Interventions among the Afar of Ethiopia, a Study on the Aghini Pastoral Community’, PhD Dissertation, Department of Social Geography, University of Bayreuth, Bayreuth.
2. Boserup, E. (1965). The Conditions of Agricultural Growth: The Economics of Agrarian Change Under Population Pressure. Chicago: Aldine.
3. Brown, D. R., Stephens, E. C., Ouma, J. O., Murithi, F. M and Barrett, C. B. (2006). Livelihood Strategies in the Rural Kenyan Highlands. African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 1(1): 21-36
4. Rahameto, D. (1999). Revisiting the Land Issue: Options for Change. Economic Focus, Bulletin of the Ethiopian Economic Association, 2(4): 9-11.
5. Rahameto, D. (2009). The Peasant and the State: Studies in Agrarian Change in Ethiopia 1950s-2000s. Addis Ababa University Press, Addis Ababa Ethiopia. pp.355.
6. Devereux, S., Guenther, B. (2009). Social Protection and Agriculture in Ethiopia. Future of Agriculture, and Centre for Social Protection. FAC Working Paper. No. SP03. January.
7. Ellis, F. (2000). Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
8. Ethiopian Economic Association/Ethiopian Economic Policy Research Institute (EEA/EEPRI). (2002). Land Tenure and Agricultural Development in Ethiopia. EEA/EEPRI: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
9. Elias, E. (2002). Farmers’ Perceptions of Soil Fertility Change and Management. SOS Sahel International and Institute for Sustainable Developments, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
10. Nagayets, O. (2005). Small Farms: Current Status and Key Trends. Prepared for the Future of Small Farms Research Workshop. Wyne College, June 26-29, 2005. The 2020 Vision for Food, Agriculture, and the Environment, Information Brief. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). Washington, D.C, USA. pp.365-367.
11. Teklu, T. (2006). Land Scarcity, Tenure Change, and Public Policy in the African Case of Ethiopia: Evidence on Efficacy and Unmet Demands for Land Rights.
12. Turner, D. S. (2005). Livelihoods and Sharing: Trends in Lesotho Village, 1976-2004. Programmes for Land and Agrarian Studies. Research Report. no.22, School of Government, University of Western Cape.
13. Amare, Y. (2002). Rural Poverty in Ethiopia: Household Case Study from North Shewa. Forum for Social Studies (FSS) Discussion Paper No.9. December 2002.FSS. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia