1. Adegbehin, J. O. (2008). Proceedings of the workshop on mangrove ecosystems of the Niger Delta. University of Port-Harcourt, Nigeria; pp. 170-184. Available on the:
2. Blumenfeld, H. (1955). The Economic Base of the Metropolis. Journal of the American Institute of Planners, 21: 114-132.
3. FAO. (2009). Land use in Nigeria by Allen P.E.T, Field document NIR/77/009. Ibadan, Nigeria, 27 pp.
4. FMAW&R. (2009). Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources Bulletin, 39: 23-27.
5. Hirschman, A. O. (1958). The Strategy of Economic Development. New Haven: Yale University Press.
6. Homer, H. (1941). Economic Background of Cities. The Journals of Land and Public Utility Economics, May, 1941: 188-195.
7. Krumme, G. (1968). Werner Sombart and the Economic Base Concept. Land Economics 44(1): 112-116.
8. Noel, R., Ragnar, W and Schrank, E. (2006). The Fishery as Economic Base in the Newfoundland Economy, IIFET 2006 Portsmouth Proceedings CD’.
9. North, D. (1955). Location Theory and Regional Economic Growth. Jounal of Political Economy 63(3): 243-58.
10. Okafor, C. A. (2007). The Importance of Statistics in Planning and Development of Fisheries in Nigeria. Paper presented at the Zonal sensitization/Training Workshop on National Fish Frame and Catch Assessment Survey for Enumerators and Statistical officers, June 2007.
11. Schaffer, W. A. (1999). Regional Impact Models. Web Book of Regional Science. Regional Research University.
12. Shimang, G. N. (2010). Fisheries Development in Nigeria, Problems and Prospects. A presentation by the Federal Director of Fisheries, in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on Homestead Fish Farming Training for Serving and Retiring Public Servants in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, FCT, Abuja.
13. Tiebout, C. M. (1956). Exports and Regional Economic Growth, The Journal of Political Economy 64(2):160-164.
14. Tiebout, C. M. (1962). The Community Economic Base Study. New York: Community for Economic Development.