1) Agbo, F. and Chidebelu S. (2010). Socio-economic determinants of cooperative societies access to the services of the Nigerian agricultural cooperatives and rural development bank. The Journal of Field Actions. Field Actions Science Reports. Vol 4, Pp 1 – 6.
2) Alkali, R. A. (1991). The rise and development of cooperative movement in Bauchi State. The Nigerian Journal of Agricultural Extension, 7 (182):186-192.
3) Baden, S., and C. Pionetti. (2011). Women’s collective action in agricultural markets: A synthesis of preliminary findings for Ethiopia, Mali and Tanzania. Oxford, UK: Oxfam.
4) Central Statistical Agency (CSA). (2012). Ethiopia demographic and health survey 2011. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Calverton, Maryland, USA.
5) Dogarawa, A. B. (2005). The role of cooperative societies in economic development. MPRA Paper No. 23161. http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/23161/ Pp 18. Retrieved 5th August 2014.
6) Eboh, E. C. (1988). Sustainable employment of rural women: Some new initiatives for the Better Life Programme. Auto Century Publishing Limited, Enugu.
7) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). (2011a). The role of women producer organizations in agricultural value chains: Practical lessons from Africa and India. Rome. www.fao.org/docrep/015/i2438e/i2438e00.pdf Retrieved 26th August, 2014.
8) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). (2011b). The state of food and agriculture. Women in agriculture: closing the gender gap for development. Rome, Italy. www.fao.org/docrep/013/i2050e/i2050e.pdf Retrieved 26th August, 2014.
9) Gebremichael, B. A. (2014). The role of agricultural cooperatives in promoting food security and rural women’s empowerment in Eastern Tigray Region, Ethiopia. Developing Country Studies. 4(11): 96 – 109.
10) Gizachew, S. (2011). Women economic leadership through honey production value chain development in Ethiopia. Presentation at ILRI Workshop on Gender and Market Oriented Agriculture, February 1.
11) International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) – International Labour Organization (ILO) Gender Package (2001). Gender issues in cooperatives: An ILO – ICA Perspective.
12) Inter-Agency Task Force on Rural Women. (2012). Rural women and the Millennium Development Goals. New York, United Nations Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality. www.un.org/womenwatch/feature/ruralwomen/documents/en-rural-women-mdgs-web.pdf Retrieved 12th June, 2014.
13) International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) (2010). Reports. http://www.ica.coop/.ss Retrieved 15/1/14
14) International Year Cooperatives (IYC) (2012). Agricultural cooperatives and gender equality. Issue Brief Series. Pp 6.
15) Mai-Lafia, D. I and Obaka, A. I. (2009). Agricultural Cooperatives Course Guide, National Open University of Nigeria.
16) Map of the World. (2015). Nigeria Latitude and Longitude Map. Retrieved 5th August 2014. http://www.mapsofworld.com/lat_long/nigeria-lat-long.html
17) Matthews-Njoku, E. C., Ugochukwu, A. I. and Ben-Chendo, N. G. (2003). Performance evaluation of women farmer cooperative societies in Owerri agricultural zone of Imo State, Nigeria. JASR 3(2): 97 – 107.
18) Onje, S. O. (2003). Introduction to Cooperative Studies. Lokoja: Howard Publishers. Pp 68.
19) Onugu, C. U. and Abdullah, T. O. (2010). The performance of agricultural cooperative societies under the National Programme on Food Security in Enugu State, Nigeria. Review of Public Administration & Management, 1(2): 61-88.
20) Baden, S. (2013). Women's collective action: Unlocking the potential of agricultural markets. Oxfam International Research Report. Oxford, UK: Oxfam International.
21) Quisumbing, A. (2003). Household decisions, gender and development: A synthesis of recent research. Washington, DC: International Food Policy Research Institute.
22) United Nations (UN). (2010). Millennium Development Goals report. New York.
23) United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM). (2009). Progress of the World’s women 2008/2009. Who answers to women? Gender and accountability. P. 36. New York. www.unifem.org/materials/item_detailfb9b.html?productid=134.
24) United States Agency for International Development (USAID). (2012). Promoting women in Cooperatives in Ethiopia: for agricultural value chains development. Report of Consultation held in Addis Ababa, January 25–26, 2012.
25) Weinberger, K., and J. Jutting. (2000). Risk management in local organizations: Some evidence from rural Chad. Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, 39 (3): 281–299.
26) Wodlu, T., Tadesse, F. and Waller, M. (2013). Women’s participation in agricultural cooperatives in Ethiopia. Ethiopia Strategy Support Programme II, Working Paper 57. Pp 22
27) World Bank. (2009). Gender in agriculture. Sourcebook. Washington, DC: World Bank.