Document Type: Regular articles
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira, Gezira State, Sudan
The objective of the experiment was the opinion of respondent about effects of Grazing on Tabar plant on animal health and milk characteristic in Gezira State, Sudan. This the questionnaire was conducted in two localities of Gezira state where Tabar plant was cultivated. This included, South Gezira locality and Greater Wad Madani Locality. The questionnaire was distributed randomly to 50 animal owners who already have experience with grazing of Bt-CCR, in each of the two localities. Revealed that the results of increase in milk production, the color of milk ,the taste of milk , There is an impact on animal health, Symptoms of feeding on Tabar plant, Quick coagulation of milk , presence of diarrhea and increased frequency of affected animals by Tabar plant grazing was significantly different (p< 0.001) higher in no effect of Grazing on Tabar plant . It is recommended that, further studies are required for recommending of the optimum level of inclusion of Tabar plant in ruminant diets.
- Abdel Rahman,. I. M. (2007). Sudanese Cattle Resources and Their Productivity. A Review National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal-132 001 (Haryana). Agric. Rev, 28 (4) : 305-308.
- FAO. (2002). Production Year Book, FAO. Rome, Italy.
- Hamid, H. I. (2004). In: Workshop on Characterization and Improvement of Sudanese Livestock and Poultry. Ministry of Sciences and Technology, Animal Resources Research Corporation. January 14, 2004.
- FAO. (2005). Livestock Information, Sector Analyze and Policy Branch AGAC. http://www.fao.org/ag/againfo/resources/en/publications/sector_briefs/lsb_NPL.pdf
- MFNE. (1997). Ministry of Finance and National Economy, Sudan. Report by the Committee on Macro-economy (in Arabic).
- Schlee, G. ( 2012). Pastoralism in Interaction with other Forms of Land Use in the Blue Nile Area of the Sudan: Project Outline and Field Notes 2009–10 (halle, 2012).
- Awad, A and Günther, S. (2013). Pastoralism in Interaction with other Forms of Land Use in the Blue Nile Area of the Sudan II: Her- barium and Plant Diversity in the Blue Nile Area, Sudan (Halle, 2013).
- Ahmed, H. K and Warrag, E. I. (2005). Sudan Vegetation Cover as- Sessment, Using NOAA-AVHRR Data, For the Period between “1982 – 1999”.’ Sudan Silva, 11(1): 20 – 33.
- Harrison, M. N and Jackson, J. K. (1958). Ecological Classification of the Sudan. Forest bulletin 2. Forest department Khartoum: 1– 45.
- Wickens, G. E. (1991). Natural Vegetation.’ in Craig, G. M. (ed.), The Agriculture of the Sudan. London: Oxford University Press, 54 – 67.