- Aikire, S. and Foster, J. (2007). Counting and multidimensional poverty measurement. OPHI working paper No. 7. Oxford University. Retrieved on 26thFebruary 2015 From http://www.ophi.org.uk/pubs/OPHI_WP7.pdf. 2007
- Akinrinde, A. F., Omotesho, K. F., and Ogunlade, I. (2018). The issue of income diversifcation among rural farming households: empirical evidence from Kwara State, Nigeria. Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Developmen, 3(49): 231–238.
- Akinyele, I. O. (2009). Ensuring Food and Nutrition Security in Rural Nigeria: An Assessment of the Challenges, Information Needs, and Analytical Capacity, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Amali, E. (1989) “The Role of Women in Agricultural Development Process.” Development Studies Review, 2(1989): 52-60.
- Auta, S. J., Abubakar, S., Hassan, Z., and Hassan, R. (2000). “An assessment of the contribution of women to family farming in North Eastern Nigeria.” A Research Report Submitted to Nears/Abu Zaria, Nigeria. September 2000.
- Babatunde, R. O., Omotesho, A. O., and Sholatan, O. S. (2007). “Socio-economic Characteristics and Food Security Status of Farming Households in Kwara State, North-Central Nigeria. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 6(1): 49-58.
- Baden, S., and Oxaal, Z. (1997). “Gender and Empowerment: Definitions, Approaches and Implications for Policy.” BRIDGE (development - gender), Report No.40. Brighton, UK: Institute of Development Studies.
- Baden, S., and Reeves, H. (2000). “Gender and Development. Concepts and Definitions.” BRIDGE (development - gender), Report No. 55. Brighton, UK: Institute of Development Studies
- Central Bank of Nigeria (2001). Economic and Financial Review. 36(1):23-33.
10. Dejene, A. (2003). “Integrated Natural Resources Management to Enhance Food Security: The Case for Community-Based Approaches in Ethiopia.”Working Paper No.16. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
11. Ejumudo, K. B. O. (2013). Gender Equality and Women Empowerment in Nigeria: The
Desirability and Inevitability of a Pragmatic Approach. Developing Country Studies 3(4): 59-66. ISSN 2224-607X (Paper) ISSN 2225-0565 (Online)
12. Elsheikh, S., and Elamin, S. E. (2016). “Women’s Economic Empowerment and Poverty: Lessons from Urban Sudan. The Business and Management Review. 7(3): 194-199
13. Fakiyesi, O.M. (2001). “Encouraging Growth to Reduce Poverty in Nigeria.” CBN Economic and Financial Review; 39 (2):132-137.
14. Food and Agriculture Organization (2005) “Introducing the African Gender and Development Index.” paper presented at the African Commission on Agricultural Statistics (AFCAS) Meeting, Maputo, Mozambique, October 2005, Rome: FAO http://www.fao.org/ES/ESS/meetings/download/afcas2005/papers/AFCAS_05_7_2_b.pdf
15. Food and Agriculture Organization. (2016). “Women and Sustainable Food Security.” FAO Corporate Document Repository. Accessed 1st March 2016 www.fao.org/docrep/x0171e/x0171e02.htm
16. Food and Agriculture Organization. (2011). The State of Food and Agriculture: Women in Agriculture: Closing the Gender Gap for Development. Rome.
17. Idrisa, Y. L., Gwary, M. M. and Shehu, H. (2008). “Analysis of Food Security Status among Farming Households in Jere Local Government of Borno State, Nigeria.”Journal of Tropical Agriculture, Food, Environment and Extension. 7(3): 199-205
18. IFPRI. (2012). Global Hunger Index Report. Accessed on 1st March 2016www.ifpri.org/publication/2012-global-hunger-index-0IFPRI 2012.
19. IFPRI. (2014). Nigeria Food Security. Food Security Portal. Accessedon 1st March 2016http://www.foodsecurityportal.org/nigeria/resources?printIFPRI. (2014).
20. Ingutia, R. A., Zahidul Islam, K. M., and Hossain, M. M. (2009). “Analysis of the Relation between Rural Poverty, Malnutrition and Hunger, and the Interlinks with Agricultural Production Growth and Productivity Growth with Special Reference to Mozambique and Bangladesh.” University of Helsinki. Discussion Paper no 32.
21. Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture, IICA. (2009)
22. Johnson, N.L., Kovarik, C., Meinzen-Dick, R., Njuki, J., and Quisumbing, A. (2016). Gender,
assets, and agricultural development: Lessons from eight projects. World Dev. 83, 295–311.
23. Kwara State Agricultural Development Project. (1996). Agronomy Survey Report, Kwara State Nigeria
24. Manza, E. A. G., Makarau, S. B., Duniya, S. S., Garba, A. O., and Bivan, G. M. (2006).The Evaluation of Food Security Status and Profitability of Farming Households in Atyap Chiefdom, Zangon Kataf Local Government Area, Kaduna State, Nigeria. International Journal of Advanced Research in Social Engineering and Development Studies, 4(1): 13-27,
25. Ogato, G.S. (2013). “The Quest for Gender Responsive Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) Policy in Least Developed Countries: Policy and Strategy Implications for Promoting Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in Ethiopia.” International Journal of Informational Technology and Business Management. 15(1): 23-44
26. Ojeleye, O. A., Adebisi, O. A., and Fadiji, T. O. (2014). “Assessment of Farm Household Food Security and Consumption Indices in Nigeria.” Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development, 4(9) : 458-464
27. Okwoche, V. A. and Asogwa, B. C. (2012). Analysis of food security situation among Nigerian rural farmers; World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology International Journal of Biology, Food, Veterinary & Agric. Engineering., 6(12): 25-35.
28. Olayiwola, S. A., Tashikalma, A. K.,and Giroh, D. Y. (2017). Analysis of Food Security Status and Coping Strategies among Rural Households in Oluyole Local Government Area of Oyo State, Nigeria. FUW Trends in Science & Technology Journal. 2(1a), 28-32. e-ISSN: 24085162; p-ISSN: 20485170.
29. Oluyole, K. A. and Lawal, J. O. (2008). An appraisal of the impact of agro-services Corporation. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference Precision Agriculture; 20-23, July 2008.
30. Omotesho, K. F,Mohammad-Lawal, A., and Ismaila, D. E. (2014): “Assessment of Hired Labour Use and Food Security among Rural Farming Households in Kwara State, Nigeria.” Journal of Agricultural Sciences.59 (3):353-361.
31. Omotesho, O. A., Adewumi, M. O., and Fadimula, K. S. (2007)“Food Security and Poverty of the Rural Households in Kwara State, Nigeria.” AAAE Conference Proceedings (2007) 571-575
32. Omotesho, O.A., Adewumi, M. O., and Fadimula, K. S. (2010). Food Security and Poverty of the Rural Households in Kwara State, Nigeria. Libyan Agriculture Research Center Journal International 1 (1): 56-59. ISSN 2219-4304.
33. Onis, M., Blossner, M., and Borghi, E. (2012). “Prevalence and Trends of Stunting among Pre- school Children, 1990-2020.” Public Health Nutrition. 15: 142-148
34. Sanusi, S. L. (2012). Increasing Women’s Access to Finance: Challenges and Opportunities.Being a paper presented at the Second African Women’s Economic Summit held in Lagos, Nigeria July 13, 2012
35. Shahnaj, P. ,and Ingrid-Ute, L. (2004). “Empowerment of Rural Women in Bangladesh: A Household Level Analysis.” Deutscher Tropentag- Berlin, 5-7 October 2004 Conference on Rural Poverty Reduction through Research for Development and Transformation
36. Webb, P., Coates, J., Frongillo, E.A., Roger, B.L., Swindale, A. and Bilinsky, P. (2006). “Measuring household food insecurity: Why it is so important yet so difficult to do.” Journal of Nutrition, 136 (5): 1404-1408.
37. Weisfield-Adam, E. and Andrzejewski, A. (2008). “Hunger and Poverty: Definitions and Distinctions.” The Hunger Project. New York. Accessed on 26thFebruary 2015 from www.thp.org(2008).
38. World Bank. (2012). World Development Report: Gender Equality and Development
39. World Food Programme (2015). World Hunger. Accessed on 26thFebruary 2015 from www.wfp.org/hunger
40. World Health Organization. (2012). Global Health Observatory, WHO, 2012.