Abu, G. A. and Soom, A. (2016). Analysis of Factors affecting Food Security in Rural and Urban Farming Households of Benue State, Nigeria.International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics, 4 (1): 55-68
Agboola, P. O. (2004). Economic Analysis of Household food Insecurity and Coping Strategies in Osun state, Nigeria. Unpublished PhD thesis, Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
Ahmed, F. F., Eugene, C. E. and Abah, P. O. (2015). Analysis of Food Security among Farming Households in Borno State, Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural Economics, Environment and Social Sciences, 1(1): 130–141.
Amaza, P. S., Adejobi, A. O., and Fregene, T. (2008). Measurement and Determinants of food insecurity in Northeast Nigeria: Some empirical policy guidelines. Journal of Food Agriculture and Environment. 6 (2): 92-96.
Anyanwu, J. C. (2010). Poverty in Nigeria: A Gendered Analysis. The African Statistical Journal, 11: 9-15
Arene, C. J. and Anyaeji, J. (2010). Determinants of Food Security among Households in Nsukka Metropolis of Enugu State, Nigeria. Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences, 30 (1): 9-16.
Babatunde, R. O, Omotesho, O. A and Sholotan, O. S. (2007a). Socio-Economic Characteristics and food Security Status of farming Households in Kwara state, North-central Nigeria. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 6(1): 49-59.
Babatunde, R. O., Omotesho, O. A. and Sholotan, O. S. (2007b). Factors influencing food security of Rural Farming Households in North Central Nigeria.Agricultural Journal, 2 (3): 351-357.
9. Central Bank of Nigeria (2005). Annual Report and Statement of Accounts for the Year ended 31stDecember, 2004. CBN, Abuja, Nigeria.
10. Davies, A. E. (2009). Food Security initiatives in Nigeria Prospects and challenges. Journal of sustainable Development in Africa, 11 (1): 186 – 202.
11. Diagne, A. and Zeller, M. (2001). Access to Credit and its Impact on Welfare in Malawi. International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington D.C. Research Report 116.
12. Emerole, C. O., Ihedioha, O. B., Anyiro, C. O., Nwachukwu, A. N., Osondu, K. C. and Ibezim, G. M. C. (2014). Comparative Gender Dimensions in Food Unsecured Farm Households in Orsu Local Government Area of Imo State, Nigeria.American Journal of Experimental Agriculture, 4(4): 391-404.
13. Food and Agricultural Organization, (1996). Report of the World Food Summit. Rome, Italy.
14. Food and Agricultural Organization, (2005). Food and Agricultural Organization, the State of Food Insecurity in the World, pp: 2.
15. Foster, J., Greer, J. and Thorbecke, E. (1984): A class of decomposible poverty measures. Econometrica, 2(81):761-766.
16. Fukuda-Parr, S. (1999). What Does Feminisation of Poverty Mean? It Isn’t Just Lack of Income. Feminist Economics, 5(2): 99-103.
17. Gujarati, D. N. (2003). Basic Econometrics. Tata McGraw-Hill Edition, New York.
18. Hassan, R. M., and Babu, S. C. (1991). Measurement and determinants of rural poverty: household consumption patterns and food poverty in rural Sudan. Food Policy, 16 (6): 451-460.
19. Henri-Ukoha, A., Orebiyi, J.S., Ohajianya, D.O. and Ibekwe, U.C. (2011).The Level of Food Security/Insecurity by Gender in Selected Land Tenure Systems among Cassava-Based Farmers in Abia State, South East Nigeria: A Comparative Analysis. International Journal of Agricultural and Food Science, 1(4): 66-74.
20. Idrisa, Y. L., Gwary. M. M. and Shehu H. (2008). Analysis of Food Security Status among Farming Households in Jere Local Government of Borno State, Nigeria. Journal of Tropical Agriculture, Food, Environment and Extension, 7 (3): 199 -205.
21. Ijaiya, G. T. (2000). Feminization of Poverty in Nigeria: A Case Study of Households in Ilorin Metropolis. African Journal of Business and Economic Research, 1(2): 141-148.
22. Ingawa, S. A. (2002). Keynote address at the 8th Annual conference of the Agricultural Extension society of Nigeria held in Benin City, 16 – 19 September, In Olowu T. A. (ed). Proceedings of the Agricultural Extension society of Nigeria.
23. International Fund for Agricultural Development, (2012). Enabling poor rural people to overcome poverty in Nigeria, Rome, Italy.http://www.ifad.org. Assessed 12th February, 2017.
24. Koster, M. (2008). Linking Poverty and Household Headship in Post-Genocide Rwanda. Wageningen University, the Netherlands, Paper selected for presentation at the HiCN’s Fourth Annual Workshop, Yale University, New Haven, USA.
25. Kuwornu, J. K. M., Suleyman, D. M. and Amegashie, D. P. K. (2012). Analysis of Food Security Status of Farming Households in the Forest Belt of the Central Region of Ghana. Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, 1(13): 26-42.
26. Moore, H. (1994). Is there a crisis in the family? World Summit for Social Development,Occasional Paper no 3: Geneva.
27. Musinguzi, J (2000). Factors affecting Dairy Production in Ugganda: A case study of Mbarara Milk Shield, M.Sc Thesis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Makerere University.
28. National Root Crops Research Institute, (2003). Annual Report.Umudike, Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria.
29. Ogbe, S. E. (2009). Determinants of microcredit and microfinance outreach to farmers in Abia State; a case study of National Special Programme on Food Security. MSc Thesis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike. pp. 51.
30. Ojeleye O. A., Saleh M. K. and Oyewole S. O. (2014). Non-Farm Income and Food Security Status of Small Scale Farming Households in Nigeria. Research Journal of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, 2(12):1-7.
31. Ojogho, O. (2010): Determinants of Food Insecurity among Arable Framers in Edo State, Nigeria. Agricultural Journal, 5(3): 151-156.
32. Okolo, O. E. (2007). Economic analysis of broiler production in Jos Plateau State. B.Sc. Project. Department of Agricultural Economics, ATBU Bauchi, BauchiState, Nigeria.
33. Olabisi, A. F. and Olawamiwa, R. A. (2014). Gender Dimensions of Food Security Status of Households in Oyo State, Nigeria. Global Journal of Human-Social Science, 14 (1): 6-16.
34. Omonona, B. T. and Agoi, G. A. (2007). An analysis of Food security situation among Nigerian Urban Households: Evidence from Lagos, State, Nigeria. Journal of Central European Agriculture, 8 (3), 397-416.
35. Osei M. J., Aidoo, R. and Tuffour, T. (2013).Determinants of Household Food Security in the Sekyere-Afram Plains District of Ghana.Global Advanced Research Journal of Agricultural Science, 2(1): 34-40.
36. Osondu, C. K. and Ibezim, G. M. C. (2015). Awareness and Perception of Farmers to the Use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in Agricultural Extension Service Delivery: A Case Study of Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research, 4 (1): 55-60.
37. Otunaiya, A. O. and Ibidunni, O. S. (2014). Determinants of Food Security among Rural Farming Households in Ogun State, Nigeria. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, 16 (6): 33-43.
38. Ragasa, C., Berhane, G., Tadesse, F. and Taffesse, A. S. (2012). Gender Differences in Access to Extension Services and Agricultural Productivity. ESSP Working Paper No 49. International Food Policy Research Institute.
39. Shala, N. and Stacey, A. (2001): United States Department of Agriculture: Economic Research Service. Food Security Assessment, Regional Overview Information Bulletin.
40. Simonyan, J. B., Olukosi, J. O.andOmolehin, R. A. (2010). Socio-economic determinants of farmer’s participation in Fadama II project in Kaduna state, Nigeria. Journal of Food and Fibre Production, 1(1): 592-601.
41. Simpa, J. O. (2014). Poverty Determinants among Female-Headed Household Rural Farmers in Nasarawa State, Nigeria.Production Agricultural Technology, 10 (1), 93-109.
42. Sulaiman A. Y., Olubunmi, L. B. and Olanike E. F. (2015). Effect of Urban Household Farming on Food Security Status in Ibadan Metropolis, Oyo State, Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 60 (1): 61-75.
43. United Nations Population Fund,(2013).http://nigeria.unfpa.org/abia.html. Date accessed: 5th June, 2014.
44. Watts, M. J. (2013). Silent violence: Food, famine, and peasantry in northern Nigeria. University of Georgia Press, Georgia.