- Boehlje, M . (1999). Structural changes in the agricultural industries: How we measure, analyze and understand them? American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 81(5):1028-1041.
- Bejakovic, P. (2018). Working together: integration, institutions and the Sustainable Development Goals, World Public Sector Report 2018, Public Sector Economics, 42(4): 487-494.
- Desmond, Ng., and Salin, V. (2012). An institutional approach to the examination of food safety, International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 15(2): 21-46
- Eaton, C., and Shepherd, A. (2001). Contract farming: Partnerships for growth (No. 145). Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome.
- Fehling, M., Nelson, B. D., and Venkatapuram, S. (2013). Limitations of the Millennium Development Goals: a literature review, Global Public Health, 8(10): 1109-1122.
- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE). (2017). The Voluntary national reviews on SDGs of Ethiopia: Government commitments, national ownership and performance trends.
- Hall, A., Janssen, M., Pehu, E., and Rajalahti, R. (2006). Enhancing agricultural innovation: How to go beyond the strengthening of research systems. The World Bank, Washington DC. doi: 10.1596.
- Lamprinopoulou, C., Renwick, A., Klerkx, L., Hermans, F., and Roep, D. (2014). Application of an integrated systemic framework for analyzing agricultural innovation systems and informing innovation policies: Comparing the Dutch and Scottish agri-food sectors, Agricultural Systems, 129: 40-54.
- Le Blanc, D. (2015). Towards integration at last? The Sustainable Development Goals as a Network of Targets, Sustainable Development, 23(3): 176-187.
10. Loader, R., and Hobbs, J.E .(1999). Strategic responses to food safety legislation, Food Policy, 24 (6): 685-706.
11. Muchara, B., and Mbatha, C. N. (2016). Role of institutional innovations on smallholder agricultural entrepreneurship in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, Journal of Human Ecology, 55(1,2): 41-50
12. Ntona, M., and Morgera, E. (2018). Connecting SDG 14 with the other Sustainable Development Goals through marine spatial planning, Marine Policy, 93 (2018): 214-222.
13. Raquel, N. A., Kelley, L., and O'Riordan Tim. (2016). The importance of an integrating framework for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals: the example of health and well-being. BMJ Global Health, 1(3): 1-12
14. Ruttan, V. W., and Hayami, Y.(1984). Toward a theory of induced institutional innovation, The Journal of development studies, 20(4): 203-223.
15. Tenywa, M.M., Rao, K.P.C., Buruchara, R., Kashaija, I., Majaliwa, J.D., Tukahirwa, J.B., Adekunle, A.A., Fatunbi, A.O., Mugabe, J., Wanjiku, C., Mutabazi, S., Pali, P., Mapatano, S., Lunze, L., Mugabo, J. and Ngaboyisonga, C. (2011). Institutional innovations for building impact-oriented agricultural research, knowledge and development institutions, Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Studies, 2(1): 24-55
16. UN. 2015. Transforming our world: the 2030 agenda for sustainable development. United Nations, New York
17. United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). (2015). A new sustainable development agenda. 2015. http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/
18. United Nations. (2012a). United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development Outcome Document: The future we want.
19. United Nations. (2016). Compilation of metadata for the proposed global indicators for the review of the 2030 agenda for sustainable development. Department of Economic and Social Affairs, United Nations Statistics Division. http://unstats.un.org/sdgs/
20. Varsakelis, N. C. (2001). The impact of patent protection, economy openness and national culture on Research and Development investment: A cross-country empirical investigation, Research policy, 30(7): 1059-1068.
21. Wieczorek, A. J., and Hekkert, M. P. (2012). Systemic instruments for systemic innovation problems: A framework for policy makers and innovation scholars, Science and public policy, 39(1):74-87
22. Williamson, O. E. (2000). The new institutional economics: taking stock, looking ahead, Journal of economic literature, 38(3): 595-613.
23. World Bank .(2006). Enhancing agricultural innovation: How to Go beyond strengthening of research systems. Washington, DC.
24. World Bank. (2002). Building institutions for markets. World Development Report. Washington, DC.