Document Type : Regular articles
Department of Agricultural Management, Mahabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Mahabad, Iran
The purpose of this research was analyzing factors affecting non-participation of stakeholders in rangeland management projects. The research method was descriptive-correlative design in ranches of Piranshahr rangelands in western Azerbaijan province, Iran. All ranches that studied (Zioke Yurd, Ziuke Mirgah Chaku, Khargedashan Yurd and Gardeh Bon), are utilized in common use manner. Simple random sampling was used as sampling method. The sample size was determined by using Krejcie and Morgan table. The 157 stakeholders were determined. Questionnaire served as research tool and was completed through direct interviews with stakeholders. The findings showed significant correlation between age and non-participation of stakeholders. Also prioritization of non-participation of stakeholders in range management plans indicate that low literacy (education level) and lack of sufficient knowledge about the range management project, lack of programs and restoration of projects fitness to regional conditions and small area were the most important social, managerial, technical and economic factors affect the non-participation of stakeholders in the range management projects.
- Esther, W., and Ndalahwa, F. (2003). Public participation in integrated water resources management: the case of Tanzania. Journal of Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 28:1009-1014.
- Faircheallaigh, C. (2010). Public Participation and environmental impact assessment: Purposes, implications, and lessons for public policy making. International Journal by Environmental Impact Assessment review, 30: 19-27.
- Frotani, B. (2014). Comparison experts and stakeholders viewpoints toward participation of local communities in the sustainable management of rangelands (Case Study rangelands of Bahar city, Hamadan), Master's Thesis on Range Management, Sari University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, [in Persian].
- Guy, B. (2006). People, land and water: participatory development communication. for natural resource management, Earth Scan, 313.
- Heidari, G. H. (2009). Factors affecting stakeholder's participation in the implementation of range management plans in area Baladeh, Noor - Mazandaran province, PhD Thesis, University of Gorgan, [in Persian].
- Heidari, G.H., Barani, H., Aghhili, Q. and Ghorbani, J. (2010). Relationship between support services and extension participation in projects for Range Management (Case Study, summer pastures Baladeh-North of Iran). Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 17 (4): 66-47.
- Hematzadeh,. I and Khalighi, N. (2006). Factors affecting stakeholders' participation in range and Watershed Management Plans (case study: stakeholders in representative- Kechik basin in Golestan province). Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, 13 (4): 88-100. [in Persian].
- Kerchner, C. H., Honzak, R. Kemkes, and Richadson, A. (2010). Designing spatially explicit incentive programs for habitat conservation: A case study of the Bicknell’s thrush wintering grounds. International Journal by Ecological economics, 69: 2108-2115.
- Khanlari, A. (2012). The factors affecting the willingness of stakeholders to reconsider Range Management Plan (Case study: summer pastures subbasin Draslh). Master's Thesis on Range Management, Sari University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, 85 p. [in Persian].
- Khanmohammadi, M. Ariapour, A. S and Razzaghi, M. H. (2012). Prioritization of barriers to participation in range management projects from the expert viewpoints (Case Study: Tehran - Lar), Journal of natural ecosystems, 2 (3): 99-109.
- Krejcie, R.V. and Morgan, D.W., (1970). Determining sample size for research activities, Educational and Psychological Measurement, 30: 607-610.
- Liu, J., Yun, L., Liya, S., Zhiguo, C. and Baoqian, B. (2010). Public Participation in Water Resources Management of Haihe River Basin, China: the Analysis and Evaluation of Status Quo, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2(1): 1750- 1758.
- Prager, K. and Posthumus, H. (2010). Adopting sustainable soil management-The role of socio-economic Factors. 16th Annual international sustainable Development Research conference in Hong Kong, 32p.
- Quinn, C.H., Huby, M., Kiwasilla, H and Lovet, J. C. (2007). Design principle and common pool resource management: An institutional approach to evaluating community management in semi-arid Tanzania. Journal of Environmental Management, 84:100-113.
- Roohi, F., Amirnejad, H., Heidari, Q.A. and Ghorbani, J. (2010). The role of social factors on the level of participation of stakeholders in range management plans (Case study: Ghaemshahr pastures). Journal of Range Research, 4 (3): 474 483.
- Saeedigaraghani, H. R. (2011). Effects of competition in utilization on ranges condition (case study: Damavand, Amol summer pastures). Master's Thesis on Range Management, University of Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, [in Persian].
- Shariati, M. R., Zyadbkhsh,S. and Varamini, N. (2005). Factors influencing villagers' participation in protecting the forests of North and West. Journal of Forest and Range. 67:47-57. [in Persian].