- Adebayo, K., Awotunde, M., Okuneye, P. A. and Okonowo, U.V. (2006). Assessment of secondary school agricultural education programme in the rural areas of Imo State. Nigerian Journal of Rural Sociology, 6(2):13–22.
- Adegoke, A. A. (2013). The role of youth in nation building with emphasis on agriculture and innovative agricultural research. Paper presented at workshop for Nigerian youth held on the 20th of November, 2013 at Jewel Hall, Gombe Jewel Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Adeogun, S. O, Uwagboe, E. O. and Aigbekaen, E. O. (2011). Awareness and attitude of local farmers towards activities encouraging human immunodeficiency virus/Acquired immune deficiency syndrome in Ondo state, Nigeria. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 8(1):16-22.
- Adesina, T. K. and Eforuoku, F. (2016). Determinants of participation in youth-in-agriculture programme in Ondo State, Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural Extension, 20(2):103-116.
- Adesope, O. M. (2007). Agricultural youth organization introductory concepts. Secondedition, University of Port Harcourt Press, Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Pp. 1- 36
- Akwiwu, C. D., Nwajuba, C. U and Nnadi, F. N. (2005). Harnessing the potential of youths for rural household food security in Nigeria. Animal Production Research Advances, 1(2):104-110.
- Blueprint. (2012). Federal Government initiates agricultural transformation agenda to boost economy. Retrieved on 12/12/12 from http://blueprinting.com/2012/05/fg-initiates-atato-boot-economy.
- Checkowary, B. and Gutierrez, L. (2006). An introduction. In Checkowary and Gutierrez (Eds) Youth participation and communication change. New York, Hawthorne Press pp3.
- Daudu, S., Okwuche, V. A. and Adegboye, O. G. (2009). Role of youths in agricultural development in Makurdi local government area of Benue State. Journal of Agricultural Extension, 13(2): 107-112.
10. Fletcher, A. and Varrus, J. (2007). Guide to social change led by and with young people. Olympia W.A Communication consult. Retrieved 8/9/11.
11. Food Agricultural Organization (FAO). (2012). Decent rural employment for food security: A case for action. FAO: Roma.
12. Ihimodu, I. I. (2004). Marketing of Agricultural Products and the Food Security programme in Nigeria. Paper Presented at the 13th Annual Congress of the Nigeria Rural Sociological Association at LAUTECH, Ogbomosho, Nigeria, 25-28.
13. Mangal, H. (2009). Best practices for youth agriculture: The Barbados, Grenada and Saint Lucia Experience. Final report.
14. National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAAS) (2005). News and Events. NAAS electronic Newsletter. Retrieved from WWW. Naas.org.ug.
15. National Population Commission (NPC) (2006). 2006 census results. Retrieved on 24th October 2012 from http://www. npc.gov
16. Nnadi F.N and Akwiwu C.D. (2006). Strategies for overcoming among rural economic marginalization women in Imo state, Nigeria. International Journal of Natural and Applied Science, 2: 1-6
17. Nnadi F.N and Akwiwu C.O. (2005). Determinants of youths’ participation in rural agriculture in Imo state, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Sciences 8:328-333.
18. Nwalieji, H.U. and Nenna, M.G. (2013). Rural youth participation in agricultural programmes in Anambra state, Nigeria. Proceedings of the 18th Annual National Conference of the AESON, Transforming Nigerian Agriculture through Agricultural Extension, held at Savannah Guest House, Lafia, Nasarawa State on 5th – 9th May, pp. 96-105.
19. Ovwigho, B. O. and Ifie, P. A. (2009). Attitude of youth towards aricultural development programmes in Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta State, Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural Extension 13(2): Pp. 67-69
20. Ruth, S. (2013). Seen and not heard? Not anyone ".London Daily Mail .Retrieved 23 May 2013.
21. Sandra, A. O. (2013). Problems and prospects of youths in Nigeria. A paper presented at the Young Farmers Club Week, Isali International academy, Yola.
22. Ugwoke, F. O, Adesope, O. M and Ibe, F. C (2005). Youths participation in farming activities in rural areas of Imo state, Nigeria .Implications for extension; Journal of Agricultural Extension 8: 134-141.
23. United Nations Youth Agenda (UNYA) (2004). Empowering Youth for development and peace. www.un.ng/youth.
24. Usman, I. S., Adebayo E. F., Bakari, U. M. and Ahmed, M. A. (2008). Profitability Analysis of cattle fattening among youth associations in Yola North and South local government areas by Adamawa state, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Tropical Agriculture, 10:109-114.
25. Uwagboe, E. O. (2011). Effect of integrated pest management utilization on cocoa farmers yield in selected states in Nigeria. Unpublished, M. Phil Dissertation submitted in the department of agricultural extension and rural development, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Pp67-70
26. Waldie, K. (2004). Youth and rural livelihood. Low Extension Input Sustenance Agriculture. 20:6-8.