- Achterbosch, T.J., S. van Berkum and G.W. Meijerink. (2014). Cash crops and food security;Cash crops and food security; Contributions to income, livelihood risk and agricultural innovation. Retrieved from www.wageningenUR.nl/en/lei
- Adeoye, G O. (2005). Organic agriculture: A review and possible adoption for food security in Nigeria. Proceedings of the 1st National Conference on Organic Agriculture in Nigeria;.
- Aryal, K. P. (2008). General perceptions of producer, traders and consumers about organic products in Kathmandu valley. In P. Chaudhary; K. Aryal and D. Tharu (ed.), Proceedings of International Workshop on Opportunities and Challenges of Organic Production and Marketing in South Asia, NPG, Kathmandu, Nepal, pp.120-124.Giannakas, K. 2002. Information asymmetries and consumption decisions in organic food product markets. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics. 50(2002): 35-50.
- Ayinde, I.A. (1994). Sustainable food production: Role of UNAAB graduates. The Harvest”. Publication of National Association of Agricultural Students (NAAS). University of Agriculture Chapter.;1(1).
- Barkley A. (2002). Organic food growth: Producer Profits and Corporate farming. Presentation at the risk and profit Conference, Dept. of Agricultural Economics, Kansas state University, Manhattan, Kansas;.
- Bonti-Ankomah S. & Yiridoe, E. K. (2006). Organic and conventional food: A literature review of the economics of consumers’ perceptions and preference. Final Report. Organic Agriculture Centre of Canada. Nova Scotia Agricultural College, truro, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Caswell, J.A and Mojduszda E.M. (1996). Using Informational Labeling to Influence the Market for Quality in Food Products. American Journal of Agricultural Economics.;78(5):1248-1253.
- Chamberlain, W. O., & Anseeuw, W. (2017). Agricultural Economics Research , Policy and Practice in Southern Africa Contract Farming as Part of a Multi-Instrument Inclusive Business Structure : A Theoretical Analysis Contract Farming as Part of a Multi-Instrument Inclusive Business Structure : A T. Agrekon, 1853(May). https://doi.org/10.1080/03031853.2017.1297725
- Conceição, P., Levine, S., Lipton, M., & Warren-rodríguez, A. (2016). Toward a food secure future : Ensuring food security for sustainable human development in Sub-Saharan Africa. 60, 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodpol.2016.02.003
10. Dipeolu, A.O, Bello K.A and Akinbode S.O .(2005). Comparative economic analysis of organic and inorganic vegetable production in Ogun State” in J.A. Okogun, et al. Optimizing Potentials of Organic Agriculture for National food Security Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference of the Organic Agriculture Project in Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria (OAPTIN) held at the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria, 27th November to 1st December.;24- 29.
11. Echobichon, D.J. (1996). Toxic effects of pesticides. In: Klassen CD, Doull J editors. Cassarett and Doull’s Toxicology. New York: McGraw-Hill.;P:643–689.
12. Engel L.S, O’Meara E.S and Schwartz S.M (2000). Maternal occupation in agriculture and risk of limb defects in Washington States, 1980-1993. Scan. J. Work Environ. Health.;26(3):193-198.
- 13. FAO, IFAD, UNICEF, WFP, WHO. (2018). The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018. Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition. Rome, FAO.
14. Graef, F., Sieber, S., Mutabazi, K., Asch, F., Biesalski, H. K., Bitegeko, J., … Uckert, G. (2014). Framework for participatory food security research in rural food value chains. Global Food Security, 3(1), 8–15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gfs.2014.01.001
15. Henson S. (2005). “Food safety and the European consumer”, Proceedings of the 71st EAAE Seminar: The food consumer in the early 21st century, Zaragoza, (Spain);. Available: http://web.idrc.ca/uploads/user-S/10301141930choiceexperiments.pdf
16. Imungi, J.K. (2002). The brighter side of phenolic compounds abundance in African leafy vegetables in IPGRI Newsletter for sub-saharan Africa. 2002;17
17. Joosten, F., Dijkxhoorn, Y., Sertse, Y., & Ruben, R. (2015). How does the Fruit and Vegetable Sector contribute to Food and Nutrition Security? LEI Wageningen UR (University & Research Centre).
18. Krissoff, B. (1998). Emergence of U.S. organic agriculture - can we compete? American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5): 1130-1133.
19. Krystallis A, Chryssohoidis G. (2005) .Consumers’ willingness to pay for organic food: Factors that affect it and variation per organic product type. British Food Journal.;107(5):320- 343.
20. Lumpkin H.( 2005). Organic vegetable production: A theme for international agricultural research. Seminar on Production and Export of Organic Fruit and Vegetables in Asia, FAO Corporate Document Repository;. Available:http:www.fao.org/DOCREP/006/ AD429E/ad 429e13.htm
21. Maertens, M., & Velde, K. Vande. (2017). Contract-farming in staple food chains: the case of rice in Benin. World Development, 95, 73–87.
22. Makatouni, A. (2002). What motivates consumers to buy organic food in UK? Results from a
23. Minch, A. (2017). Banana as a Cash Crop and Its Food Security and Socioeconomic Contribution : The Case of. 319–329. https://doi.org/10.4236/jep.2017.83024
24. Mojo, D., Fischer, C., & Degefa, T. (2017). The determinants and economic impacts of membership in coffee farmer cooperatives : recent evidence from rural Ethiopia. Journal of Rural Studies, 50, 84–94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrurstud.2016.12.010
25. National Planning Commission. (2001). National policy on food and nutrition in Nigeria. Available at: www.npc.gov.ng/.../NATIONAL%20POLICY%20ON%20FOOD%20AND %2520NUTRITION%2520DOCUMENT.pdf
26. Nwofoke, C., Onyenekwe, S.C. and Agbo, F.U. (2017). Willingness to Pay (WTP) for an Improved Environmental Quality in Ebonyi State, Nigeria. Journal of Environmental Protection, 8, 131-140. https://doi.org/10.4236/jep.2017.82011
27. Roosen J. (2003). Marketing of Safe Food through Labeling. Paper Presented at AAEA Food Agricultural Marketing Policy Section Conference Emerging Roles for Food Labels: Inform, Protect, Persuade. Washington, D. C.;20–21.
28. Schroede, T.C, Marsh T.L, Mintert J. (2000). Beef Demand Determinants. Report prepared for the Joint Evaluation Advisory Committee, Beef Board, Englewood, CO;
29. Van-Elzakker, B., Parrott, N., Chola Chonya, M. and Adimdao, S.( 2007). Organic Farming In Africa in H. Willer and M. Yusseffi (Eds.) The World of Organic Agriculture: Statistics and Emerging Trends. Bonn, IFOAM, pp.96-106.